Friday, March 14, 2014

An Act of Contrition

   Father, I am so sorry for my sins.  I do not feel worthy of your forgiveness.  I do not feel worth your son's sacrifice.  I feel more like I've caused him suffering.  There are gashes in His side from a whip I've held more than once.
   I have tasted, if only a minute part, both closeness and distance from You and your love.  I truly desire to be with you for eternity.  I beg your forgiveness, though I've done nothing to deserve it.  Please do not turn me away when my time for judgement comes.  I do not want to sin anymore.  I need the strength of your Holy Spirit to resist my weakness to sin.  I cannot suffer it alone.  I truly desire to be one with your love, not as a reward for what I've done or been, but because I belong to you.  I need you.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment